Genuine rumour, bike shop to be a Tapas bar

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs

kit123

Genuine rumour, bike shop to be a Tapas bar

Postby kit123 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:53 pm

Once again another one, stating that the bike shop is going to be a tapas bar, owned by the original chef at Grade. If so his food was excellent. Has anyone heard anything either yea or nay ?

lostcat

Re: Genuine rumour, bike shop to be a Tapas bar

Postby lostcat » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:24 pm

Yes Lee the chef has taken over the bike shop and has planning permission for a cafe

Desmo Man

Postby Desmo Man » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:19 pm

Do the people who decide on planning permission ever give any consideration to where their customers are going to park their cars ? Many of the customers at Cofano coffee shop just a few yards from this new place park their cars in the area in front of the shops for long periods preventing customers for the hair dressers, butchers and the coop parking for just a few minuets. The parking just around the corner from school lane on Parklands way is some times a problem with some cars parked half on the grass area, and some cars parked way off the kerb making it difficult for some people to reverse of their own front drives. I am not against new businesses opening in Poynton b but for goodness sake will the planners please give some thought to parking when they agree to new businesses starting.

AnotherWhingerLike_U

Postby AnotherWhingerLike_U » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:35 pm

Desmo Man wrote:... park their cars in the area in front of the shops for long periods preventing customers for the hair dressers, butchers and the coop parking for just a few minuets. ...

Yes the layby on School lane could do with short stay parking restriction sign. It would unfortunately be an additional location not visited by parking enforcement.

nowthensithe

Postby nowthensithe » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:17 am

And it would be ignored by those wanting to park there.

PMB75

Postby PMB75 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:05 pm

Great to hear a new business is opening - hope it goes well.
Re parking, there is always the option of walking for most people.

nowthensithe

Postby nowthensithe » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:05 am

There is indeed an option for walking but few take it.

Desmo Man

Postby Desmo Man » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:09 am

Last week I was turning left into Parklands Way from School Lane. I stooped because there was a lady who was attempting to park her Range Rover into a gap that was at least 5/6 feet longer that her vehicle, after the third failed attempt she said to me "sorry it is difficult to park". I said to her why don't you park in the civic hall car park ?. Her reply,.... " I am out for a coffee not a hike !.

Amadeus

Postby Amadeus » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:29 pm

AnotherWhingerLike_U wrote:Yes the layby on School lane could do with short stay parking restriction sign. It would unfortunately be an additional location not visited by parking enforcement.

Short stay parking restrictions were put in place there last year I think (I'm sure it was mentioned on here at the time). Restricted to one hour between 8 am to 6 pm, Monday to Saturday. And I'm sure parking enforcement do visit there occasionally (I've seen an actual ticket), and I think it has made a difference. It's probably why many people do park round the corner on the estate.

Return to “Poynton Forum”